Countdown to Our New Home!!

Buying A Home

Tuesday, September 7, 2010


It's the beginning of my third week as a full time designer. I had a wonderful holiday weekend full of friends, football, and sunshine. And it seems like my employer had a good time also because he is more focused and fun today than he has been. Tomorrow we leave for a road trip to Fulton, Mississippi. I came into the office this morning, and after being greeted by the two cats who live here, I was greeted by about 20 bags from Home Goods type stores. The boss had gone accessory shopping over the weekend. While he showed me all the vases, accent books, and figurines he pick up, I picked off the price tags. :\ So, we will spend 4 days accessorizing, hanging art, and walking the property before their big opening on September 14th. I think a spa trip is also in the works since neither my boss nor I will have any time between now and the Miami trip to prep and primp.

After about 36 hours of being home, we will fly to Miami for the HD Boutique Show. We are staying in the Catalina hotel.


I would love to stay in the El Grande, but I will probably be in the It's a Small World room. My employer made the reservations, and he also paid for them, so either one will be great! I L O V E the bicycles! Guests can use them during the day for free!

Hopefully this is not a sign for how the rest of the trip will be, but I received my badge today, and I had misspelled my position. I am the "Design Coordinator", but I am a terrible typist, so I put "Deisgn Coordinator". GAH! I fixed it with a copy, scissors, and glue, but still, my proofreading is now on full alert.

A little closer on the agenda is the board meeting for a national organization for hospitality that I participate in. Tonight I will attend this meeting and hopefully gain a newly created position titled "Communications Chair". If this happens I will be in charge of Facebook updates, Twitter announcements, and posting things to the website for the chapter. It's a pretty exciting opportunity for someone who graduated less than a year ago!

Personal note: I would love to have one of these for all of my traveling coming up.



Gorgeous!


Unfortunately, I have zero extra cash, so I will probably carry my laptop and on-flight necessities in one of these.


Maybe I can jazz it up with some glitter. Aren't feathers in right now??

G


1 comment:

  1. I'm am soooo excited for you and this trip! Its definitely a sign for what's to come and don't worry, you'll get that carry-on bag soon!
    The "It's a Small World" room reminds me sooo much of the hostels we use to stay in while we were in Japan.
    Can't wait to hear all about the convention!

    ReplyDelete